Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dinner converstaions with a Toddler


Last night we had the most interesting conversation with Norah. She started out by talking about how the cats get sick:

"Mia get sick. Mia get sick on the floor. Eeeeeewwww. That's gross." (This is all said with a scrunched up nose).

"Yes. Mia gets sick sometimes and throws up on the floor. It's ok. Everyone gets sick sometimes."
"Oh. Yeah. Mia not get sick anymore. Stanley not get sick."

Then she started talking about how she got sick a few weeks ago. "I not sick. My belly feels better. I drink my water, my milk. Make my belly feel better."

"Oh good. Is drinking water making your belly feel better?"
"Yeah. I not sick anymore."

We move on from this topic while she eats the rest of her dinner. We asked if she wanted anything else.

"I waaaaaant....(thinks long and hard) cherries and grapes. Yeah. Cherries and grapes make my belly feel better. You (turns and points at Mitch). You get my cherries. My grapes. Make my belly feel better. You (turns and points at me). You go start my bath."

Yup she's a bossy little thing. After much coaxing we finally got her to ask nicely with a "please." Then she looks at me and says: "I want a purple bath. Purple bath will make my belly feel better."

WHAT!?! Where does this kid come up with this stuff? Seriously I have no idea.
It was lots of fun actually talking to her about things and listening to her remember different things from the past few weeks. Hopefully we can work on the bossy part though.


P.S. We had to settle for a GREEN bath because that was the only color we had left. and her belly seemed just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment